Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Miss Banker

I'm at work, late, again. Yep.
Anyways, I'm bored, sooooo bored. I have nothing to do and I'm just sittin here. LAME!!! No one calls after 5:30... except for those few, which I am here to assist them :)
I have some new news however.

It's not that I hate my job now, I love it I really do, I just think and know that I can do so much more. I feel like when ever I fill out a request for transfer I feel as though it seems like I'm just looking for a spot so I can leave the department where I am now.. So not the case. I get so many apps a day wanting a position here. A few new positions opened up, Loan operations and a one point administrator. I would like to go for either one of those. I dunno if I should apply though. Maybe I'm a bit discouraged by being shot down before ( loan assistant :( ) but it is a different position and a different boss. I think I need to get paid more for what I do now and then some, lol. I hate being mini boss cuz there is just too much drama with it. At least since I'm the youngest, lol. I would like a bit of change, shall I take the plunge? I dunno... what do you think??

I did get like 50 pounds of books today from Jackie. She is the general manager for liberty tax. Arizbe worked there I think the past few years. I guess she told her I was interested in a position there during tax season. I just wanted to be a receptionist there for the few months it was open. Instead she thought I would be great at doing the taxes. So she is going to give me the class and the books all free of charge if I agree to go to class and then eventually work for her...
My mom thinks it's a wonderful idea, she had been bothering me about this since last year when Riz tried to get me all in this.. I totally refused. Lol, This time I couldn't, she was like right in my face giving me the books. I guess I have to think it through. Do I want to be a tax prepare-er? not really.. I like my job now at the bank and feel like at times it's overwhelming and I don't have much time for anything else... and to take this on... which Riz said she got about 40 hrs a week, and this was supposed to be a part time position... eeek. I'll take a gander at it all and make a final decision soon.

I had some crazy caller today, after I talked to him he like asked me 20 questions, like if I lived with my parents and If I liked my job and if it paid well, and told me he had to give me some advice, it was something that I needed to do. He told me to take Folic Acid and to eat lots of leafy green veggies..... WHAT??? like what a weirdo.. I have no idea why he thought it would be important to bring it up but he did and he told me why I should take it, because some women don't know they are pregnant till the 6th or 8th week of pregnancy. In order to prevent the nasty disease of spinialbiphia, (which is totally not how you spell it) I had to start early.. yea and then out of no where, he said, I always tell young women like yourself that if there is ever contact with seimen you need to be taking folic acid. At this point I was totally speechless! What the hell was I supposed to say after that??? OMG!! It was so awkward and I think he noticed because after I was like um.... ok, thanks, he was like ok, have a great day, bye and then hung up. HA HA! Crazy stuff. Well I hear that he is an odd customer and has done crazy random stuff before so I guess I don't feel so bad..

As for tonight, I have to go to wally world and pick up a prescription.. and I think I might develop some pictures :D I have 10 minutes left, yay, I'm gonna finish closing here in a few. First tax class is tonight, which I'm not going to, lol. I have plans with my Boo... so see yalls later!

No comments: